A simple look around the internet will show you that there are some VERY talented artists in the Dark Arts / Horror and Paranormal Genre and Shocka-Con Australia want to celebrate the artists out there by opening our doors to them to showcase their work.
Frights in the Field – is our Dark Arts / Horror / Paranormal Art display and will be judged by none other than Sinister Visions Inc. Founder Chad Savage as well as other judges still to be announced.
Submissions for ‘Frights in the Field’ Dark Art / Horror and Paranormal art competition to be staged at the Shocka-Con Australia event in 2018 are simple and open to artists from around the world.
Submissions will officially open from January 1st 2017. Submission costs are $10AUD for up to three (3) images and $5AUD for each additional three (3) images to a maximum of nine (9) images submitted.
- You must enter online. All entries must be submitted as digital files.
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please try to keep the file size under 5MB to ensure proper uploading). The viewing screen & thumbnail which you will see during the entry process is for general reference only and does not reflect the image quality that will be viewed by jurors. The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the jurors.
Categories for ‘Frights in the Field’ includes:
- Portrait / Figure – Portrait and figure entries can be individuals or groups, and will be judged on expressiveness and draftsmanship.
- Black and White – Using your skills with shading entires will be judged based on your skills of using shading to express your detail.
- Created Monster – Create your very own monster. This award is simply based on your creativeness in the Dark Arts / Horror and/or Paranormal genre.
- Homage – This is the best place to enter for fan art. Show your skills, and your love for the genre by creating your own piece that commemorates your favorite aspect of the Dark Arts / Horror / Paranormal genre.
Each artist declared the winner will receive;
- A ShockAward Trophy recognizing their position as winner of their category;
- A Cash Prize of $250AUD;
All work declared finalists will receive a Certificate recognizing the artists standing as a finalist in the 2018 ShockAwards.