Scarefest is Shocka-Con Australia‘s short film festival where we are encouraging screenwriters and film makers from across the globe to take part in the inaugural showing and Scarefest competition.
There are some strict criteria that needs to be adhered to in order for your film to be entered into the competition.
- All films must be between six (6) and sixteen (16) minutes in length;
- All films must be made within the prior two year period 2016/2017 or 2018;
- All films must be based on the horror or paranormal genre;
- All films must be submitted by August 26th 2018 in order to give judges an opportunity to view the offerings prior to Shocka-Con Australia;
Only 100 entries are available and entries are acquired on a first in best dressed basis (the payment of this entry fee). Shockawards will be presented in the following categories:
- Best Film;
- Best Visual Effects;
- Best Fan Film;
- Best Director;
- Best Writing;
- Best Editing;
- Best Practical Make Up/Effects;
- Best Performance;
All films will be screened at Shocka-Con Australia beginning on Saturday morning, with the top ten films and award presentations being screened and awarded on Sunday.
A representative from each film entered is encouraged to be on hand for the screenings to ensure someone is available to accept any and all awards.